1.3 KW Solid State Fully Automatic Linear Amplifier – Second Series
RF SOLUTIONS is the authorised dealer for Australia/New Zealand
- The smallest in its class:
- Built-in power supply and optional built-in automatic antenna tuner
- Dimensions: L 28cm, H 12cm, D 38cm (including connectors)
- Weight without ATU: 10.5kg
- The most technologically advanced solid state linear amplifier in the world:
- Two powerful CPUs in use
- More than 30,000 lines of software for performance unmatched in any other amplifier
- Fully automatic:
- Easy connection with transceivers from ICOM, Yaesu, Kenwood, Ten-Tec, FlexRadio, and Elecraft for immediate management of bands, tuner and antennas
- Same performance with all makes and some homemade rigs
- The operator only has to operate the transceiver, and the amplifier will follow automatically
- Wide frequency coverage:
- All amateur bands from 160m to 6m including WARC bands
- 60m band, where permitted
- Fully solid state:
- Solid 1.3KW out; 50 MHz band included (+/- 0.5dB)
- Switchable in MAX (full power), MID (900W) or LOW (500W), power selected according to the operator’s requirement or automatic for amplifier protection
- No warm-up time required, amplifier ready immediately!
- Using one LD / MOSFET rated at 1.5KW out
- Automatic antenna tuner optional:
- No ATU installed in this model, but an ATU can be added as an optional extra
- Refer to SPE Expert 1.3K-FA – with ATU for all antenna tuner specifications
- Two transceiver inputs available:
- High power gain 15 dB (all versions):
- In “OPERATE” the required drive power is automatically set with the ALC connection
- In “STANDBY” the exciter is automatically reset to full power
- Very clean and low distortion output:
- Spurious emissions RCM (C-Tick)/FCC/CE compliant
- 3rd order distortion (two tone test) from -30 to -35 dB (typ.)
- Input 50 Ohm always perfectly matched:
- The same protection is realized in two different ways:
- Via hardware circuits (HW) to assure great speed
- Thanks to the sophisticated software, the transmit relay changeover is carried out with zero current on the contacts
- Full break-in operation (QSK)
- Quiet operation:
- Linear management of the speed of the cooling fans of the heatsink
- The amplifier develops a significant amount of heat that must be removed
- Therefore every precaution is used to keep the fan noise at the lowest possible level.
- Fan noise is significantly lower than with tube type amplifiers
- Unlimited in SSB and CW
- In FM automatically switches to “MID” if for 10 minutes a continuous signal is emitted in “MAX” (room temperature 20 degrees Celsius)
- Full I.C.A.S. for all digital modes currently in use
- Switching power supply:
- Continuously operable at inputs between 100 – 255 VAC, 47-63 Hz
- PFC (Power Factor Correction)
- The linear can be switched ON/OFF by switching the exciter ON/OFF
- Can be used fully remotely
- A large LCD display allows a great deal of information:
- Watts pep out, Vpa, Ipa, Watts, temperatures, SWR (after and before the ATU), input setting, CAT setting, band and other indications including the alarms log
- Easy to operate:
- Powerful and sophisticated software gives you a user-friendly unit
- USB / RS232 ports:
- For remote control
- For new software releases download
- Easy transportation:
- A sturdy carry-bag is supplied for QSY, Field Day, DXpeditions etc.
Optional ATU can be added later
Specifications and price are subject to change without notice
RF SOLUTIONS warrants to the original Purchaser that this product shall be free from defects of materials or workmanship.
RF SOLUTIONS warrants for two (2) years from the date of original purchase that RF SOLUTIONS will provide free of charge all parts and labour necessary to correct defects in material or workmanship. The shipping costs to and from RF SOLUTIONS for warranty service work have to be paid by the Purchaser.
Customers should address requests for warranty service work to RF SOLUTIONS, who is responsible for service support.
In order to not invalidate the warranty service, the original Purchaser must complete the warranty registration card, and send it to SPE in Italy including a copy of the invoice no more than 30 days from the date of purchase.
If the original Purchaser finds any defects after having received the equipment, he must immediately notify RF SOLUTIONS of the defects found by sending the properly completed REPAIR FORM. Replacement of equipment may be offered in exceptional circumstances only and at RF SOLUTIONS’ complete discretion. However, no replacement will be offered after 21 days of purchase.
In case of a purchase of used equipment still under warranty, in order to retain the warranty’s validity, it is necessary to notify SPE in Italy and RF SOLUTIONS of the following data:
- Receipt of purchase of used equipment
- Invoice for the original purchase
- Serial number (s/n) of equipment
Replacement of equipment in these circumstances is not an option. However, the warranty period shall be two (2) years from the original date of purchase, and not from any subsequent date of purchase.
The warranty does not apply if the invoice for the original purchase is missing, the s/n is undecipherable/falsified or in the case of any defect that RF SOLUTIONS determines is due to the following:
- Improper maintenance or repair by persons not authorised by RF SOLUTIONS to carry out such work, including the installation of parts or accessories that do not conform to the quality and specifications of the original parts.
- Acts of nature – such as lighting, storm & tempest, moisture or water intrusion.
- Misuse, abuse, neglect or improper installation, user’s manual non-observance.
- Carelessness, accidental or intentional damage. In addition and more specifically – possible damage caused by:
- Exceeding power ratings of transmission lines, baluns, or antennas.
- Excessive input overdriving of amplifier.
- Excessively high SWR on transmission lines.
RF SOLUTIONS warrants the above mentioned items only, and the Purchaser shall have no remedy and no claim for incidental or consequential damages.
It is mandatory for the Purchaser to contact RF SOLUTIONS before shipping equipment for service. When sending SPE equipment to RF SOLUTIONS for service, the following documents must be enclosed:
- Invoice of the original purchase
- Receipt of purchase of used equipment (if any)
By purchasing SPE equipment, the Purchaser declares his acceptance of the above warranty terms.
SPE EXPERT 1.3K-FA or SPE EXPERT 1.5K-FA?
With the release of the new SPE EXPERT 1.5K-FA, this does not mean that the SPE EXPERT 1.3K-FA has been superseded. The SPE EXPERT 1.3K-FA is still very much a current model.
In fact, these are two wonderful products with some important differences designed into each amplifier in order to best cover the varying needs of our customers.
Dimensions and weight are identical between the two amplifier models.
This means that we keep the unmatched portability of the 1.3K-FA for the DXpeditions, which has made this amplifier irreplaceable and unmatched.
The differences between the 1.3K-FA and the 1.5K-FA are as follows:
(Please note that all other features are identical in the two models.)
SPE EXPERT 1.3K-FA
- Solid 1.3KW PEP on every band and mode.
- Available with or without ATU.
SPE EXPERT 1.5K-FA
- Solid 1.5KW output on every band and mode.
- Pre-distortion output connector for incredible linearity with SDR.
- Only available in one version with built in ATU, which also complies with the FCC requirements.