Manufacturer: RigExpert Ukraine
Availability: IN STOCK
Warranty: 2 years
The analyzer is designed for measuring SWR (standing wave ratio), return loss, cable loss, as well as other parameters of cable and antenna systems in the range of 60 kHz to 55 MHz.
A built-in ZOOM capability makes graphical measurements especially effective.
The following tasks are easily accomplished by using this analyzer:
Frequency range: 0.06 to 55 MHz
Frequency entry: 1 Hz resolution
Measurement for 25, 50, 75 and 100-Ohm systems
SWR measurement range:
1 to 100 in numerical modes,
1 to 10 in chart modes
numerical or analog indicator
R and X range:
0…10000, -10000…10000 in numerical modes,
0…1000, -1000…1000 in chart modes
– SWR at single or multiple frequencies
– SWR, return loss, R, X, Z, L, C and phase angle at single frequency
– SWR chart, 100 points
– R, X chart, 100 points
– Smith chart, 100 points
– Return loss chart, 100 points
– Cable tools (loss and characteristic impedance)
Optional open-short-load calibration.
Non Volatile memory:
– 10 slots to save measurement results
– Connector type: UHF (SO-239)
– Output signal shape: square, 0.06 to 55 MHz
– Output power: +13 dBm (at 50 Ohm load)
– Two 1.5V alkaline batteries, type AA
– Two 1.2V Ni-MH batteries, type AA *
– Max. 4 hours of continuous measurement, max. 2 days in stand-by mode when fully charged batteries are used
– When the analyzer is connected to a PC or a DC adapter with USB socket, it takes power from these sources
– 320×240 color TFT display
– 6×3 keys on the water-proof keypad
– Multilingual menus and help screens
– USB connection to a personal computer
Dimensions: 103 mm x 207 mm x 37 mm (4.1 in x 8.1 in x 1.4 in)
Operating temperature: 0…40 °C (32…104 °F)
Weight: 310 g (10.9 Oz) w/o batteries
Warranty: 2 years
RigExpert AA-55 ZOOM is made in Ukraine.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Batteries are not included with the analyzer.
AntScope is a program which is shipped with every RigExpert antenna analyzer. You may also download the latest version from the Downloads page of the RigExpert website (the program is included in installation CD packages). The screenshots listed below illustrate how capable this program is when the analyzer is connected to a PC. SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) plot:
R (resistance), X (reactance) and Z (module of impedance) display, series mode:
R (resistance), X (reactance) and Z (module of impedance) display, parallel mode:
Time Domain Reflectometer mode (except AA-500 and AA-520):
The structure diagram of RigExpert AA-55 ZOOM is located below:
The “brain” of the analyzer is STM 32-bit RISC microcontroller. It controls a Si5351 PLL chip running at 500 MHz and generating two sinusoidal signals. Both signals are low-pass filtered and then put through pulse shapers, producing two square signals with CMOS levels. Resistive brigde was chosen to measure parameters of a load because of its simplicity and good frequency response. The switch commutates two outputs of the bridge. After the switch, the signal is mixed with the second channel output to produce audio frequency of 1.5 kHz.This signal is then filtered and fed on the 12-bit ADC of the microcontroller. The 320×240 color TFT display and the 6×3 keys keypad are connected directly to the CPU. The USB interface allows connecting the analyzer to the PC.
This is a diagram of the resistive bridge and its connection to the mixer:
The switch which is controlled by the CPU feeds the signal from the certain side of the bridge to the mixer chip. When the load is totally active and its resistance is 50 Ω, the bridge is balanced and the switch outputs the same signal in both positions. This eliminates the need of calibration of the analyzer, also giving very good precision near SWR=1.
|Function||AA-30 .ZERO||AA-30||AA-35 ZOOM||AA-54||AA-55 ZOOM||AA-170||AA-230 ZOOM||AA-600||AA-1000||AA-1400|
|Frequency range||0.06-30 MHz||0.1-30 MHz||0.06-35 MHz||0.1-54 MHz||0.06-55 MHz||0.1-170 MHz||0.1-230 MHz||0.1-600 MH||0.1-1000 MHz||0.1-1400 MHz|
|Frequency entry step size||1 Hz||1 kHz|
|Min. sweep range||100 Hz||10 kHz|
|Reactance sign measurement||+|
|Antenna connector type||SMA||UHF (SO-239)||type N|
|Output power||+13 dBm||-10 dBm|
|Output amplifier||CMOS logic chip|
|Output signal shape||square|
|Reference impedance for SWR measurement||25, 50, 75, 100 Ohm||50, 75 Ohm||25, 50, 75, 100 Ohm||50, 75 Ohm||25, 50, 75, 100 Ohm||50, 75 Ohm||25, 50, 75, 100 Ohm|
|Batteries||–||two AA||three AA||four AAA||three AA|
|Battery voltage sensor||–||+|
|Operation with external power supply (without battery)||Ext. 5V||from USB|
|LCD||–||Monochrome, 128×64||Color TFT, 320×240||Monochrome, 128×64||Color TFT, 320×240||Monochrome, 128×64||Color TFT, 290×220||Color TFT, 320×240|
|Time Domain Reflectometer mode||– *||Built-in|
|Flash memory for storing graphs||–||10 memory slots||100 memory slots||10 memory slots||100 memory slots||90 R/X or SWR memory slots, 10 TDR memory slots|
|Multilingual support||English only||+|
|Presets for radio amateur bands||–||+|
Make sure the latest firmware is uploaded to the analyzer. See the Downloads section.
* The AntScope software is able to plot graphs in Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) mode when AA-30/AA-54/AA-170 is connected to the computer. Since the resolution of the TDR graph is proportional to the maximum operating frequency of an analyzer, much better results are obtained by using AA-230 ZOOM, AA-600, AA-1000 or AA-1400.